Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Existential

Well, it is a matter of life and fantastic life as far as I’m concerned ;)
Should I apply for an US visa? Now that NiN teamed up with Jane’s Addiction I have not one but two reasons to fly across the Atlantic. I can not even imagine what an offspring will that alliance give birth to but it’s going to be so remarkably unique that I’ll be sorry as hell if I don’t at least try. Oh why am I not a millionaire? So many concerts on the wish list…and the trouble is the more I see the more I want. Such as life.
Wow, to listen to Dave’s guitar…nevermind his god-like looks…that’s a bonus :)))

2 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

Well you know what I would have to say about this: do it, do it, do it! I say put in for your visa now and then you can reassess if and what shows you want to see when NIN puts more dates on the tour page. And then tell us which one your going to! :)

7:59 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Well, acquiring a visa can take up to few months depending on the situation at the Consular Section. Here’s a quote from the official page of the US Embassy in Bulgaria:

Processing wait time DOES NOT include the time required for administrative processing. These procedures require additional time. Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of application. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case. Therefore, before making inquiries about status of administrative processing, applicants or their representatives will need to wait at least 90 days from the date of interview or submission of supplemental documents, whichever is later. Processing wait time also does not include the time required to return the passport to applicants, by either courier services or the local mail system.

There’s also a $131 non-refundable application fee that has to be paid in advance and still there are no guarantees that I’ll pass the interview at the embassy.

But still I think it's worth all the troubles :) And be sure that if I ever set my feet on US ground for a NiN concert I’ll make sure to let everybody know :))

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home