Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In today's news

As up today new regulations are implemented in my company’s policy regarding the so called “cigarette breaks”. Smokers are allowed two breaks-from 9.00 to 9.15 and from 16.00 to 16.15. The new rule is supposed to “increase workers’ efficiency”.

I don’t have an “authority issue” and I have no problem obeying rules…as long as I am convinced in their reasonableness. But to be treated like a slave is not my idea of a “healthy working environment”. I am the “carrot” type-show me appreciation and I’ll turn the world around for you; try to use "the power of the stick” on me and I’ll do anything to burn you down.

I’ll burn you down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Oh, it's the same here where I work:
a break of 20 mins in the morning and one in the afternoon (plus 1 hour lunch, of course).
The times are not set in stone, but for example if you begin work at 10:00, for sure you are not going to be seen having a break at 11:00... you'll have to wait until 11:20 or 11:30.

The thing is: I think in Bulgaria generally workers take TOO MANY breaks during the working hours, and especially if these employees work for the state. I don't know how many times Zorro and I have had to queue for 20/30 mins at various offices because
1) whoever was supposed to be at the window was on a break
2) whoever was supposed to open the office was doing the shopping instead
3) whoever was supposed to be at the window was too busy smoking outside with a cigarette on their finger.
It was MADDENING.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home