Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today was a good day

Written at 6.30 PM today at Coffee House:

If you ask me what is the meaning of the balance I strive so vigorously to achieve, right now I’d say that it is a state without hesitations of any kind, where you don’t have to face a choice about what to do or say at any moment because you already know what is right and what is wrong.

What is wrong with people? It is a question that bears not even a slightest touch of irritation (almost; the girl on the next table was laughing too loud and vulgar but she just left); I’d really like to know. Life is short and by the time I wrote the previous sentence it got 30 sec shorter that no one of us is getting back.

Funny, my life is as it was just a couple of months ago-no significant changes, I still hope for nothing, I still expect nothing (neither to be given nor to happen) but I feel at peace. A day of hard work just ended but I’m smiling-not over something or someone; just smiling. I hope that doesn’t make me look like an idiot but even if it is so, it’s OK. I (somehow) have managed to shake the feelings of guilt and insecurity off my back and that is liberating; I feel light. I wish I knew how it has happened so that I could share the secret. Maybe I know. It happens when you stop seeing yourself as the center of the universe and that way make a room in your mind for the well-being of the people around you. And you start to give more and more and that makes you richer. You were right about that, Mani-I will never be a cynic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home