Friday, April 06, 2007

March 23th 2007 – day 3

Written in my diary on March 23th 2007 :

8.30 AM
I’m hungry as hell. And I’m also tired, dirty and I feel every muscle in my body because they all hurt. I don’t know if I have bruises-I have to look in the mirror. Not to mention that terrible drunken couple right next to me during last night’s concert and the beer that moron spilled all over my hair, face and clothes. Not to mention all the people that tried to push me out of my spot; and the very tall guy standing right in front of me through most of the time and especially during HURT(which was fine because I tend to close my eyes and just listen to the voice); and that moron that lighted a cigarette during SICNH-I wanted to smash that cigarette in his face(that was a total disrespect). At the end of the show I felt lucky to still have my clothes on.

NIN fans are the coolest people ever-before and after a show but definitely not during one. I’ve never expected it to be so violent! Some eager girl behind was leaning on me using me as a furniture. At some point I turned my head and looked at her but she smiled and I just smiled back-why ruin the perfect feeling arguing?!

“Somewhat damaged” swept me away like a hurricane. The concert version is different than the album version and it completely blew my mind away. At that moment I already knew that my troubles had paid off even if it was for that one song.

Set list

Somewhat Damaged
The Day The World Went Away
Terrible Lie
Help Me I’m In Hell
Survivalism
Closer
March Of The Pigs
Ruiner
Wish
Suck
Gave up
Hurt
The Hand That Feeds
The Fragile
The Frail/The Wretched
Only
The Big Comedown
Head Like A Hole
and of course ERASER
aaand…Something I can Never Have – finally !!! I cried. Really.

Waiting in the Spiral queue was big fun because I chatted with the people around. It would’ve been much more enjoyable if it wasn’t for that terrible cold wind. One of the Spiralers said : Amsterdam is evil! Anyway, I did meet a lots of cool interesting people from different places: Florida, New York, Canada, France, UK, Switzerland. And Amsterdam of course.

Right now memories are still a mess but I’m starting to collect little pieces from here and there. The sense of community in the Spiral line and inside Paradiso was almost visible.

Ladytron were awesome! I like them-I have their albums but it was such a nice surprise to hear them live-they sound so much heavier! Really, really good-great choice of support. Not that I’ve ever doubted it.

I want to go down on my knees and say: THANK YOU !

There was a Canadian girl in the Spiral line-the March 22nd show was to be her 26th NIN concert! People around went like: “Oh, that’s way too many !” And I was like: “Oh, lucky girl!” There’s no such thing as too many NIN concerts.

And Dan…boy, I was so lucky to have met him! He was waiting with me in the line to keep me company and to chat with the other people but ended up buying a ticket for the show and he entered with me earlier than everybody else! He paid the money, then turned to me with the ticket in his hands screaming: "I have a ticket! I’m so happy! Thank you!” and gave me a warm hug. I was so happy for him.

It’s my last day here at FPP and I really hate to leave tomorrow now that I just started to appreciate the place.

I’ve found a ticket for Berlin March 24th !!!! Lucky, lucky me !!!

I’m tired and dirty and I don’t care !

OMG, what am I going to do when all that end ???

“The Big Comedown” was a great surprise. It sounded…it sounded so…fucking destroying.

Smashing show. Unbelievable show. Hooray, at that time tomorrow(3.40 PM) I’ll be waiting at the Spiral entrance again but in Berlin.

6 PM

I passed Paradiso just an hour ago; I turned my head to the left to see the place where I’d been waiting some 24 hours ago. And I felt terribly sad and lonely. All those lovely people gone, the atmosphere inside Paradiso-all gone; only traces in my mind; the energy and the vibe of last night-gone.

I feel like shit right now.

8 PM

FPP is monitored.

Now I can’t wait to get out of here. I can’t wait to get to the next city and the next concert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home