Saturday, March 10, 2007

This morning

I wanted to add Jah Wobble to the list of my “myspace friends” and I sent a request but then I went back to viewing his profile and there it was : “Jah Wobble has 0 friends” because “I’m sorry but I won’t be accepting ‘friends’. I’m uneasy with the term friend being used as a form of collateral. A friend is someone who you come to know and trust and break bread with and all that. If you think that’s a pathetically old fashioned view that’s ok with me, no problem. It is not my intention to cause offence or anything. I wasn’t even going to have a myspace page but then someone (with the best of intentions) started one using my name without asking. That has the potential to lead to all sorts of problems, so we asked them to stop and then started this page. If you have an interest in my music and what I’m up to then hopefully this page will be of use.”. Such a pity; to my taste he’s an amazing talent, absolutely unique. I’m making me a friends treasure nest at myspace. Why do all those brilliant musicians add me I do not care(I know it is probably because it looks cooler to have 50000 than 500 friends). But thus I don’t have to look for their profiles when I need to; now they are a click away.

Myspace is addictive; and very useful indeed. Yesterday I discovered a D’n’B French musician named Vincent aka Gabinoo aka LOG1N whose music is so unexpectedly astonishing; Above all his site looks amazing and so does his myspace profile.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a space in Myspace. I have one that I look at once a week, eh eh. I go there mainly for the music, because generally the bands forget they have a website to update, but they never seem to forget they have a myspace space! Dargarnit!

6:02 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Well, it is your adash Mani to “blame” for me having a myspace profile(I guess you have already figured that out). He was so excited about sending requests, being added, that gigantic plenty of never heard before music that I had to see what that was all about. My profile still needs a lot of fixing-I put some efforts only to make it look decent. It is fun, it is useful-so far that is just enough.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeap, blame it on me! :)
I am always very excited by all the "gigantic plenty of never heard before music" - especially the part I am interested in. I am digging for musical treasures and I've found this myspace goldmine.

Coffee tonight?
P.

10:39 AM  
Blogger balance said...

As tempting as that offer is I must regrettably decline due to an engagement with my dog concerning his evening walk.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.
Vincent rules, of course.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home