Sunday, August 16, 2015

Sunday rambling

I'm watching "The vampire diaries". I like it. Not so much as to say that I love it but I like it a lot. I find vampires intriguing. With their strength, speed, invulnerability and eternal youth, they are, in a nutshell, upgraded humans. (BTW, there's an inconsistency that has always bugged me: if vampires don't grow old how come they are of various ages?) And, yes, vampires are also malicious, blood lusting and evil to the core. Like I said: upgraded humans.

Of course, my favorite of all characters is Damon. Not because the guy is deadly attractive (OK, it's because of that too but to look gorgeous, dear kids, isn't nearly enough) but because his character earned my respect. Why, you may ask? I will tell you anyway. He's not afraid to get his hands dirty and I find that admirable. Sure, it helps when you are immortal and you know you will recover from practically any injury but let's call that a detail. In a way Damon is quite a decent role model. While the others waste time to discuss morality and to play idealistic, he rolls up his sleeves and gets the job done and the problem solved (or terminated depending on the circumstances). Talking is easy and words are deceiving, that's my point. Actions, on the other hand, speak volumes, loudly at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home