Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Enough

I almost quarreled with my mother who is strongly against my going to the Bogrov dog shelter. It’s not like she doesn’t love animals-she does, as strongly as I do. She’s just concerned about the way it affects me. She asked me“Why are you doing this to yourself?” Do I really have to explain? Yes, it’s a nasty job; yes, it leaves my body aching and my soul bleeding; yes, it makes me burst into tears a dozen times a day. It is nasty but that's what it really comes down to isn't it? Nobody wants to do it and yet someone has to. Because if the only thing you do is to say “Oh, poor little things, I’m so sorry for them!” that makes no difference for the poor little things and helps them not. Just feeling sorry is nearly not enough.  Sympathy is useless if not followed by action.

I’ve been a passive whiner for far too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home