Sunday, July 22, 2012

E.T.


I have a friend who has a friend who is a photographer and has an assignment at the Animal Rescue shelter scheduled for today-to take pictures of all dogs to be put for adoption. My friend called me a few days ago “Do you want to come with us?” Hell, yes! The shelter is located on the outskirts of Sofia-dishearteningly far to get there by public transport. I’ve been planning to visit it but could not find the courage and courage I need because…
My Animal Rescue 2012 calendar is hanged in my living room and it’s the first thing I see each time I enter in there. In about a week it will be already August but the calendar is still on the month of June because of the dog whose picture is on that page:




He’s not pretty, obviously, but for some reason I find him irresistibly charming and absolutely adorable. And I can’t stop thinking about him. As far as I know he’s not adopted yet and today I’ll ask to see him. Just to see him-for starters; and take him out of his cage for a walk. And then I’ll see how it goes-it is too frightening for me to build any plans. It is both a win-win and a lose-lose situation for me. There’s the love and the affection-to give and be given, and that is priceless. But looking after a dog is a big responsibility-it’s time consuming to begin with; I’m not sure if I’m ready to be "handcuffed" again. And there’s also that other part where the dog gets old and then very old and then…  
But…
Oh, fuck, it isn’t what’s best for me that I should do, is it? I must do what is right and what is right may not always be what is right for me. Oh, fuck.
OK. I’ll just go there today and see how it goes. One step at a time.

His name is E.T.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home