Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The Mother-cat


We know each other for already a decade. One would say that’s long enough for the initial distrust to soften to an at least courteous toleration. One would but she wouldn’t. No matter what I do she refuses to accept me and in the “cat and mouse” game she plays both parts and I’m the cheese. Fondling is out of the question. When I see her lying on the sofa resting I have only one shot to pet her and I have to attack swiftly to catch her off guard before she realizes what goes on and that it’s my hand touching her. Once she does a warning snarl is heard and if I try again there are claws added to the snarl. I envy her-she’s a cat and as a cat she’s forgiven by default. I wish it were as simple in the world of humans.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Ah ah ah Vera! This post made me laugh out loud.
Ehhhhh cats are creatures made onto themselves. That's why we either love them to bits or hate them with a passion.

9:05 PM  
Blogger balance said...

True ;) And I so absolutely adore cats I’d let them do just whatever they want because, I really don’t know why, that is how it seems right to me. Lucky cats, umm? :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home