Saturday, July 23, 2011

A moment seized

I came across a cover of The Smiths’s “I know it’s over” done by Jeff Buckley at a concert somewhere in the mid 90’s. Though I love the original his version made my heart bleed. That voice, so tender and fragile at times and so strong and firm at others commanding “Listen to me. Hear what I say.” His performance is so beautiful it hurts. I can’t help thinking Jeff Buckley will never sing anyone’s song ever again. Most of the time we think nothing of significance happens but it isn’t so. Moments pass all the time; moments we can never claim back. Do you know how many moments you’re given? Do you know how many of them you can afford to waste? Of course not. Just as with everything else we tend to appreciate our time only when we run out of it.  Maybe that’s one of the reasons I keep this blog- to capture some of those never to be repeated moments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Bozo said...

Oh my God....briliant....heartbleeding!

11:19 PM  
Blogger balance said...

It is isn’t it? That song is on my mp3 player; I listen to it nearly every day and I still can’t get enough of it. I’m glad you like it too :)

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home