Saturday, August 28, 2010

You can run but you can not hide


The night before I stayed until late to watch on TV a Bulgarian movie from 1982. When was the previous time I saw it? 10 years ago? Or was it 20? Seems like a lifetime ago (and in a way it is so). Funny thing memory is, deceiving. I enjoyed watching the movie again but all of a sudden the recent image of the lead actor as I saw him in the news a few years ago flashed through my mind and…let’s say hasn’t aged beautifully and I felt great sadness that a face once so innocent could get so ruined by experience. And then I remembered the first time I saw that movie-at a sea resort, with my parents. I was 9 years old. The weight of all the years in between fell on me, crushingly.

4 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Which film was it, Vera?

3:36 PM  
Blogger balance said...

The movie title is “Kombina” and to my (huge!) surprise I found on IMDB-here’s the link if you’re curious although the info is scarce. I’m pretty sure you haven’t seen it as I’m almost 100 % sure you wouldn’t like it if you happen to see it. I don’t think I would like it if I was to see it now for the first time but nostalgia is known to play tricks with our minds.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Milla said...

I will ask Nik to get it for me. I love Bulgarian films, of all kinds -maybe I'll like this one too!

5:47 PM  
Blogger balance said...

Or you can watch it on YouTube by using this link. You need a keyboard with Cyrillic alphabet to search it and since I’m sure your keyboard is not of that type I searched it for you :)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home