Sunday, February 14, 2010

Who dares to love forever?

Bram Stoker’s Dracula…yeap, the Gary Oldman Dracula. I must have seen that movie at least twenty times already and yet I watched it again when it was on TV last Sunday. And I didn’t just watch it-I was glued to the screen devouring the movie as if hypnotized.


There are so many love stories-why this one?! Besides Gary Oldman’s performance of course who, as a real human being, doesn’t pull a single romantic string in my heart but who manages to breathe life into a character existing only in people’s imagination making it more real than anything I can touch and feel.


Maybe it’s the story itself telling about love that survived through “oceans of time”, love strong enough to overpower even death. The beauty of the story is not in the details but in its idea that speaks the essence of love-to give up your everything for another; to be ready to lose all that you are to protect and save your loved one. True love is where your “I” ends and the only thing that matters is the one you love.


Maybe I love that movie so much because it reminds me there is…there could be more to life than going to work, surfing the net, chatting with friends etc activities that ordinary people like me know as life. Love is the one experience to make our existence special.


“The luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds... true love.”

D.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

Can I just add that love hurts too?
Please let me add that, in capitals:

LOVE HURTS TOO

But I guess even hurting makes it all the more worthwhile. At least if you hurt it means that you FEEL!

P.S. Gary Oldman is magnificent in 'Dracula'. Everyone is, in that film -one of my faves.

3:27 PM  
Blogger balance said...

For better or worse or simply because such is life and it can not be any other way regardless of our wishes love and suffering are inseparable. As you know pain tends to occur when you care.

I recall the words of a writer whose name escapes me: “It is stupid to avoid love hoping to be spared the suffering that naturally comes along with it because that way you’ll simply deprive yourself of happiness. Suffering you’ll get anyway.”

Hey, I’m glad to know you love that movie too ;) Happy Valentine’s day, Milla!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home