Monday, January 25, 2010

Balkansky at Sofia Live Club, Jan 20 2010

The past week was a considerable deviation from my routine, not in a good way though. My father was in a hospital for an eye surgery, at the same time my grandmother experienced health problems and my mother left to be with her, I had no choice but to take a few days off work…it's all over finally and to my relief the ending was of the happy kind. So pretty much I blamed the emotional and physical overload for the lack of words every time I tried to write something about the concert on Wednesday night. But even now, with the turmoil securely stored in the past, I’m still tongue-tied.


“magical”, “surreal”, “a brilliant symbiosis between sound and light”, “a delightful treat even for the most spoiled senses”, “a hypnotic trip to the secret garden of the soul”…it was all of this and more; it was simply beautiful. It is always stunning to witness true masters at work. It was a job not just well done but perfectly done and I am happy to have been there.


P.S. On the big screen behind the stage the title of each track would appear. All of a sudden I saw a catch hidden in the way one of the titles was written: the abbreviation “NIN” (and it was there for a reason) Brilliant idea, Ivo! I might’ve yelled with surprise and joy :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home