Friday, October 31, 2008

I can't think of a title

Two months ago the traditional Saturday late-morning meet-up was moved from Bytheway to Costa (much to my pleasure-bigger and better cappuccino). And every Saturday I see that man-apparently a foreigner, in his 50s, sometimes by himself, more often accompanied by a young girl. Afterwards my friends hit the shops and since there are not many activities that I find more boring that hopping from shop to shop I go to Coffee House for a couple of intellectually engaged hours-mostly reading, much less writing lately, where I see the same man again. The Saturday before last he surprised me by smiling at me, remarking “We seem to go to same places” (aha! an American) to which I replied “That only means there are too few good places in Sofia”. Probably I should’ve told him that seeing him makes me feel good because he’s an already familiar face in the line of all the strangers. But I didn’t. Well, next time. But last Saturday I saw him neither at Costa nor Coffee House. Hmm. The following day I was sitting at Tea-my most favorite of all cafés, waiting for a friend and, surprise, surprise, there he was again. Sofia is indeed a very small town. It also felt good to know I wasn’t the only one paying attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home