Thursday, March 20, 2008

Exciting performance news!

Absolutely…for all the North Americans, that is. A few days ago the title appeared on nin.com and I rushed to the performance section enthusiastically (of course!) just to find that so far NiN are scheduled to perform only at Pemberton festival in British Columbia, Canada.

Forgive me if I am not THAT excited.

Well, at least he is considering concerts. That is something to hold on to. God, I hate to wait!

An update at 3.30 PM:

Trent Reznor has given an interview to Zane Lowe of BBC Radio 1 on March 17th and I just read the transcription. Among other ghostly things he speaks little about his “future plans”:

TRENT: …I’m working on some new material right now, and we have some dates planned to play this year, I can’t get into too much details about it… We’re reassembling the new band, and lots of things going on – there’s no vacation that's in mind for at least another year+ for me…

ZANE: Yeah, I know, I’ve heard that you effectively going to disband the line-up that's been with you for quite some time - it must be quite – to walk away from that outfit as it stood. It’s quite an interesting decision…

TRENT: well, the bones of it are still in place... I mean, to be quite frank, it’s reassessing what Nine Inch Nails is and trying to make sure it stays true to who I am as a person, at the age I’m at right now, and feels relevant and has meaning to me…

ZANE: So you're gonna grow beard and form an acoustic band? Is it what… is it?

TRENT: I didn’t want it to come out… to give it away right now… but… OK (laughing)

Alright…let’s see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home