Saturday, December 26, 2015

What was I supposed to do?

Today I finally watched STAR WARS Episode 7:The Force awakens. I loved it, really loved it. But this post isn't about that.

I left the movie theater feeling blessedly dizzy with euphoria. On the way to the metro station I passed by a bunch of people waiting at a bus stop. There was a German Shepherd that I assumed was waiting with them. In a matter of a few steps I found myself right next to the dog and, as I always do with dogs, I spoke to her. She immediately came close to me and I reached down to pet her. And then I noticed: plastic tag on left ear, right ear partly torn, no collar. It could mean just one thing: the German Shepherd was stray. She wasn't young but in good shape, well fed and clean. And homeless. After a minute of fondling I told her I had to go and I tried to do so but she followed me and as I reached down for some more fondling she simply lied on her back with four paws in the air which, in dog language, means "scratch my tummy". And I did - for as long as I could. And then I really had to be on my way.

There wasn't even a trace of the euphoria left. All I could think of was how much I wanted to take her home. But I couldn't - not with the two cats at home.

Damn. Damn, damn, damn. Not because my good mood was ruined (please, I am selfish but not that selfish) but because I couldn't do anything for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home