Monday, August 11, 2014

Irreconcilable differences

No wonder I and my lady friends are growing apart. They go to family-friendly resorts and classical music concerts; I go almost bankrupt to chase a rock band all over Europe. On FB they like daycare centers and yoga classes; I like scull chandeliers, goth fashion and sci-fi movies. They like what is useful and appropriate for their social status and age; I like what fuels my dreams and fantasies. They're long through with childhood and I hold on to it fiercely.


Is there something wrong with me? Should I be even asking myself that question? I suppose I shouldn't but that's the trouble to be all by yourself: you start to question your thoughts because there's no one around to verify them. It would really help if they don't look at me as if I'm some kind of freak. But then again I refuse to pretend I'm someone I'm not for their convenience's sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home