Friday, November 15, 2013

Luck is a girl's best friend

I went to Germany alone-a fact not really worth mentioning because my concert trips are always solitary. So in Cologne, after we from the Meet and Greet group were finally ushered inside Lanxess Arena (away from the cold November wind that seemed to go right through me), it was a total surprise for me to see a familiar face. “Jenny? Is that you, Jenny?!” She turned around and for a few seconds there was silence followed by a joyful scream. “Veraaaaaaaaaaaa!” Ah, Jenny! The girl who befriended me in Berlin while I waited for my first 30 SECONDS TO MARS concert-can you believe it? She didn’t recognize me-with the red hair and the gothic outfit and make-up :) We hugged, we giggled like teenagers, we talked-it was so good to be with a friend! And we took pictures together:



But there was one more big surprise on the way. Once we were inside, in front of the stage, holding the rail (1st row-finally!) I turned around and who did I see right behind me? It was Cathrin-the German girl that I met in Piazzola sul Brenta and to whom I gave a ride back to Padova after the concert. What a coincidence! I mean, she could’ve chosen her spot at the other part of the stage and yet there she was-right next to me! She didn’t recognize me at first too :) I smiled: “What did I say to you when we parted? That maybe some day we’ll meet again. And we did!” And she seemed as happy to see me as I was to see her. Hooray for the Echelon! ;) 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home