Sunday, September 22, 2013

By word of mouth

In summer I and my lady friends are usually out of touch so when we got together over dinner at the end of August there was a lot of catching up. Of course I was most thrilled about my upcoming Germany gig trip in November and didn’t hold my enthusiasm when I spilt the news out. The woman, who is an unofficial leader to our famine pack (and with whom I share the same name), said “I don’t think I’ve ever heard any 30 SECONDS TO MARS song.” “Well, you do know how to use YouTube, right?” “Sure but it would be much easier if you made me a list.”
Oh, a volunteer! One list coming up! I think I wrote down “Hurricane”, “Up in the air", “Kings and queens”, “The end of all days” and “Do or die”-just five songs; I didn’t want to push my luck. And besides I didn’t think she would really bother to check it out. Anyway, that was 3 weeks ago. We heard each other over the phone on Sep 17th to exchange wishes because we were both celebrating our name day and a few hours later I received a message from her saying “I greeted myself with 30 SECONDS TO MARS. Unique!” And I was like “!?!?!!!!!!”

So I’m thinking about sending her the link to this cover of Rihanna’s “Stay”. Rihanna is supercute and sings well but Jared Leto’s voice is…oh, man, when did he learn to sing like that!? It catches me by surprise every time.  Fantastic cover!  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home