Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bow-wow



During the summer I went around a dozen times to participate in the dog walks at the Bogrov shelter. However the physical and mostly the emotional effort proved to be unbearable for me and in October I had to call it quits. Ever since I only donate money. Remorse grew weaker with time but didn’t vanish-the feeling I don’t do enough still remains.

A week ago Animal Rescue Sofia posted a link to a short documentary about the shelter and their work. Surprise, surprise: I’m in it-for just a few seconds but that’s definitely me; I recognized the disposable T-shirt that I bought especially for that activity and those are definitely my stick-like hands petting a black dog.

I’m seriously considering renewing my volunteer work there. I felt miserable when I used to go; I felt equally miserable when I stopped. If I am to be miserable either way I might as well do some good.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home