Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shaken


The 3 am earthquake that kept the whole city of Sofia on its toes until it was already time to go to work spooked me a great deal indeed. The moment the whole room started to shake and rattle and I realized what was going on I knew I had to go out but I didn’t-somehow the perspective to get up close and personal with my neighbours seemed scarier. And today I probably would’ve been celebrating life if I only wasn’t so damn sleepy. Still every encounter with uncontrollable forces of nature works as a priority calibration and a sobering reality check-an opportunity to dispose of any idle distractions and focus on the essential. Which I might just do-as soon as I get my 8 hours of sleep.

Brrr, what a dreadful sensation-not only to be reminded of your own insignificance and vulnerability but to realize that everything you take for granted is not and has the firmness of a house of cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home