Wednesday, August 22, 2007

goodbye

What is the matter, my dear? Feeling restless, nervous, insecure? Well…more or less, yes. Last week days were running at high speed; now I’m up to the throat in the monotonous hypnotizing rhythm of “normal” life; there’s nothing to wait for. All the pieces of paper with printed information on the cities to visit, that I used to carry with me everywhere and to spread them all over the table in every café I used to sit at, are useless pieces of paper now. Instead of making survival guides in future tense now I’m waving goodbye by recollecting my memories.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milla said...

"Instead of making survival guides in future tense now I’m waving goodbye by recollecting my memories"

Why not make a survival guide in the present tense? It helps :)

Do you keep all these pieces of paper? I do, each and every one of them. Some of them I'll never use again, granted, but to see them on my bedside table, even just gathering dust, gives me comfort. It's like...'hey hey we are pieces of paper from your past travels but we are here to remind you that you'll travel in the future and you'll add some more papers over us! whooo hooo!!!'

3:31 PM  
Blogger balance said...

I am making one that corresponds with my actual environment. At home I put a different meaning to “surviving”. To survive mentally is what I have to watch out for now. I need and I must preserve my current set of mind for long(er; forever? I hope so.). That’s why I’m making a map of my memories so that I can find easily the happy once whenever I lack real joy. That’s why I keep every piece of paper as an evidence of what has been. And I also hope I’ll use them again :))

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home